Beachy keen

We visited the Hafer's at their beach house in Newport Beach this week. We had such a great time. I also got to see some old (well, not really old) friends and go to dinner at Ruby's with them. (SHHH! Don't tell my kids) It was great to hang with Jen and Summer (you guys are so fun, I wish I saw you more often!) I wish I could hang out down there all summer long... Zanna and her two friends having fun in the sun! She was so excited to have some friends to hang out with at the beach. I know that being fifteen it is not cool to hang out with your mom, but at least she will still go with me to the beach, even if she spends all her time with her friends! Chaz taught Zanna how to skim board, and by the end of the day she was getting pretty good at it! Way to go Zanna!

I love going to the beach. The husbands weren't there, but we had fun anyway. (sorry honey) The kids played at the beach until dark, rode scooters to get ice cream, sold lemonade, took showers three times a day (Lacey and Carter) and then got up at 7 am (!) to start it all again. They collected sea shells and dug holes before anyone was even out on the beach. Missy and I ran/walked on the beach in the early morning and enjoyed the peacefulness and tranquility that is unique to the beach. The ocean with it's majestic beauty reminds me of all the wonderful creations of Heavenly Father, I am so blessed to live in this time, with this family, in this country. I am almost sad to be back home in Corona. But I did miss Scott alot and sleeping in my own bed is always great. This has been a great summer so far, if only we could go live at the beach for the rest of the time, I would be in heaven! Thanks to the Hafer's for inviting us, we had a blast!

5 comments:

Aston said...

Sounds perfect. Reading your descriptions is really making me miss the beach. Growing up my parents would take us down to Crescent Bay on Fridays after school. Those are such special memories. Ohhh I think I found a tux for Ty. Yeah! Now, I have to find one for me... yikes.

summerzfamily said...

FUN to see you & hang out...... it's just never enough time--- Can't wait for our girls weekend here with matching Ruby shirts---- i can't wait to be in the t-shirt club--- belly & all!!!!!

Kristy said...

April this is Kristy (Gasser). I found you through Holly and now I have to link you on my blog (wonderfulwhittacres.blogspot.com). My mom and I are both loving the connections to family but she can never remember anyones blog address! By the way -- I am supremely jealous of your beach time. Montana -- not so much -- although there is a local who surfs in the river . . .

Hafer Family said...

fun pics, glad you had all had a good time. I love the beach also- it goes by too fast. It felt a little strange being in a new place this year- we were getting used to the other one after 3 years!

Holly said...

April, It has been so fun to get comments from you! Thanks for looking at my blog. I am very excited to get to see you in a few days! Thanks for letting us stay. :)