It's the PITS!

Smile the camera is actually over here!

See the pit behind the "wild animals"

Sloth and jaguar
Woolly Mammoth Bones
undercover in the little theater

We made a day trip to LA to visit the La Brea Tar Pits and expand our knowledge of history. Yah right, I just thought it would be cool. Anyway it was a hot, hot, hot day, maybe not the best weather for visiting tar pits, but we had a great time. As you can see, Taylor is impervious to weather in his invisibility cloak, uh I mean sweatshirt. We explored the pits (well not actually inside them, but around), watched a movie on the pits, saw tons of dire wolf bones, mammoth, camels, sloths, really cool stuff. I'm sure the highlight was the gift shop full of stuff that has nothing to do with the pits. Lame, I told the kids it had to relate in someway with the trip, so they all opted for different rocks...which I guess using the six degrees of Kevin Bacon theory you could tie back into the tar pits in some way. At least they come from the ground!

1 comment:

Susie Demke said...

I've never been. And Christian won't take me. Now I'm not so curious. I always wondered what they were like... Next time you go. Take me, Take me!