We are Family

We visited The Gathering Place and it was all decorated for Halloween! So of course we had to snap a few pics!
Joe and I checking our navigation system.
Amy and I are pretending to be horses and Joe is feeding me. What? You didn't get that from the picture?
Whirlwind weekend! I spent the weekend with Amy (and Tyler!) and the rest of the fam that went up to take Joe.(For those of you who don't know, Joe is my youngest brother and I think the most like me!) We got to see Amy in a play called "Into the Woods" and she was fabulous! Her voice is ethereal and pure. I wish I could sing like her. She is so talented, I wish it ran in the family!! We crammed so much into the weekend I don't know where to start. We went to the Salt Lake Temple, Amy's play, Conference, cousin's dinner, and squished the mall and Red Lobster in for good measure! Back to Joe-I can't believe it is already time for him to leave. It's smacking me right in the face as I write this...I know that Joe is ready, but I feel so torn. Part of me is so happy and proud of him and part of me is (selfishly) screaming, "Don't Go!" Everytime one of my siblings leaves on a mission I get this feeling that part of me is missing. I am sure that my parents feel it more keenly than I, but it is like an essential part of me is just out of reach and no matter how hard I try, I can't get to it. Joe has made an amazing transformation from boy to man this year and I know that he will be a great missionary. I treasure the family I have been given in this life. Nothing on this earth makes me happier than family. I have been blessed.

6 comments:

Ange said...

What cute pictures! You guys always look like you are having so much fun. I love family, they are the best! And you lookk great!

Dawn said...

You are so much fun! The pictures are adorable.

I'm guessing Joe is your brother??

April Hunsaker said...

Joe is my baby bro. He is nineteen and nineteen years younger than me. I love him so much! He is leaving on a mission for our church for two years.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Love the pics of your family! Looks like you all had so much fun!! My daughter was also in "Into the Woods" last spring. She played Cinderella. I love seeing the kids preform and the joy that it brings them. There is nothing better.

Unknown said...

Those pictures are adorable!

You've been tagged! Visit my blog for the rules. :)

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

I just read your comment on my "age" post, and you are too sweet!! :) Also, you're beautiful, and not "for your age," but in general - by anyone's definition.