Then and Now...



My twenty year high school reunion is this week. I know that I can't possibly be that old, until Zanna pipes up. Yes, I am that old. Judging by my pics I was an eighties child and am now a goofy goober. But Zach Efron is just so cute, even if he is only 12...or whatever. Well, he is Lacey's dream boy...after her Dad of course. I thought that at this point in life I would have aquired a certain degree of maturity and I am happy to say that uh...no it hasn't happened yet. I still care what I look like when I leave the house, unless I am in a heck of hurry. Sometimes I even imagine that What Not To Wear could be around any corner so I venture out carefully. Silly, I know, but what's a girl to do? Anyway, I had to fill out a survey about what I have accomplished since high school. Well lets see, I didn't graduate from college...yet (I am still working on that), I don't jet set around the world (unless you count all those books I read) What's that you ask? Oh what is my contribution to going green? Well I do my part, in fact I painted Lacey's entire face green last Halloween. That's not what you meant? My career, well I excel in that area, I am a doctor, nurse, pyschiatrist, counselor, chauffeur, mediator, stay at home mom...I almost missed the most important one! I get to raise my children to be wonderful, thankful adults with great personalities and absolutely no hang-ups. Well I can dream can't I? The only thing I have yet to accomplish that remains on my list is to write a book. Hopefully before my thirtieth. Now if I could just locate that old prom dress...

4 comments:

Aston said...

Love the post and the picture!!! How was the reunion? Just for the record ... I am so grateful for your example as a fulltime mom. Sometimes this is really hard, okay most of the time. I know it's the right thing to do ... I am just glad to see others doing it too. Especially moms I respect and love.

summerzfamily said...

Love the blast from the past!!! YES, you would fit in your prom dress--- it might actually be too big :)
Fun seeing Jen's pictures..... HOT MAMA'S!!!

Dawn said...

You are so pretty!! :)

Holly said...

You looked good then, but now you're HOT! Thanks for all the fun when we were down in Cali!