oh what do you do in the summertime?

Life is full of simple pleasures and lazy summer days. I often think the reason summer is so appealing is it gives us a chance to unwind and relax and take things a little slower. I know everytime summer rolls around I feel happier...I love the sun and the beach, but I think what I love the most is seeing my kids enjoy the outdoors so much. it reminds me of being a kid. Now I am always in a hurry to get here and there and I don't take the time to chill out or play in a stream. Life's too short! Get out of the rut, smell the roses, play in the stream, oh what do you do in the summertime?

The boys playing in a stream at the father and son campout.

2 comments:

Aston said...

So true ... thank you for the reminder. Any chance you guys can come visit us this Summer? I think the kids would have a blast at the lake. Dan did say something about us going out there once this Summer.

bill said...

Summertime,
And the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin'
And the cotton is high

Oh, Your daddy's rich
And your momma's good lookin'
So hush little baby
Don't you cry.