oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave?



Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. It is a chance to reconnect with family and enjoy a day of picnicing, swimming, jello jigglers (that one's for T) and fireworks. I love being together and having a good time.

The best thing about the Fourth of July though, is remembering why we celebrate this day. In this time of political milestones with patriotism debated on all sides I hear the songs at the fireworks show and I think, am I proud to be an American? Do I stand up for what I believe in and declare it? I have been reading articles about the upcoming election and I am sure about one thing. The best way I can be an American is to vote and talk to my children about what makes our country so great. I have to remind them about all the sacrifices made so that we can remain a free country with the gift of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. So when I hear the song written so long ago, oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave? Over the land of the free and the home of the brave...I will know that I did my part to keep it that way. I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute, April. You look great, by the way. And I like your playlist.
--Andrea