The Way You Make Me Feel

Me and Michael

Dance fever

Michael is alive and kicking

True eighties fashion

I wish I had Susie's dress!

Birthday Girls

Scott says this is exactly what he wore in the 80's!
We had the most fabulous 80's Dance Party for my 40th birthday. But really I don't feel 40. Michael Jackson (My friend Christine's friend James) did an amazing rendition of Billy Jean. Is it possible that time could just stop and I don't have to get any older?? Really I would be perfectly happy with staying around 26 for the rest of my life. But that would actually require time travel at this point. So I will focus on the age that I feel. (Until I look at Suzanne and then happen to see myself in the mirror soon after) I feel content. Sort of. I guess that it doesn't matter how old you are, when you are a girl you are never really happy with the way you look. I would like to be a tall trim brunette. But it's not going to happen. So I will be content to be a short blonde who is now 40 (!) and if I find myself researching all the latest wrinkle creams, there's nothing wrong with that right??

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh, April, how I've missed thee! =)

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog today.

You look fabulous for forty! What a fun idea for a 40th birthday party.

I'm turning 42 on Dec. 1. Stay tuned. I'm going to post a picture of the wrinkles around my eyes. Good lord almighty, where did they come from and with such vengenance?!?

Happy Birthday, Friend!

Susie Demke said...

You know what- I'll give you that dress! If you promise to wear it to church and trade me for your body.
Deal?
Good times, great friends.
But I hope we don't have to wait another 40 years for another great party;)

Aston said...

Nothing wrong with looking at wrinkle creams. I figure the sooner the better. Looks like a great party. Wish we were closer. :)

Hafer Family said...

ummm apparently I wasn't really at your party?????